Being a gun owner or a gun collector is one of the exciting and empowering things but comes with its responsibilities. One of the major responsibilities of owning a gun is ensuring it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. Protecting your gun from all forms of damage is another concern. Locking your gun properly is the best option you need a high-quality gun safe that does not cost you a fortune.
This article goes to greater lengths to review for you the best gun safe under 2000. If you plan to spend less than $2000 for a gun safe, then read through to see how to choose the best ones, and the few suggested options that will give you value for money.
First, we are going to discuss some of the key details you must evaluate before making the decision to buy any form of a gun safe. Whether this is your first or fifth time buying a gun safe, we want to make sure you have all the necessary information to make a wise choice. Going through these key considerations will avoid the need of buying another safe after just a few months.
Table of Contents
- 4 Best Gun Safe under 2000 - Comparison Table
- Considerations When Buying a Gun Safe
- Our Top Four Best Gun Safe under 2000
- 1. Steelwater Heavy Duty 20 Long Gun Fire Protection for 45 Minutes
- 2. Steelwater Heavy Duty 45 Long Gun Fire Protection for 60 Minutes
- 3. Blue Dot Safes Second Amendment Fire-Resistant Gun Safe
- 4. Steelwater Heavy Duty 22 Long Gun Fire Protection for 60 Minutes
- Final Verdict
4 Best Gun Safe under 2000 - Comparison Table
Considerations When Buying a Gun Safe
Your gun safe must fit where you want it to fit especially if you’re the kind of person who keeps firearms out of sight. You have to measure the width, depth, and height properly to ensure it fits where you plan to store your guns. The measurement must include the handle of the gun and consider any overhanging that might affect the height of the safe.
Is the safe heavy or lightweight? Gun safes weighing less than 300 pounds need bolting. Otherwise, you might have to buy a gun safe weighing over 500 pounds and over to create trouble for anyone trying to take it out of the house.
Type of Lock on the Safe
You have to choose whether to go with a manual or electronic lock. Manual locks are not the best when you need immediate access to your firearm. An electronic lock will give you immediate access to your firearm helping you deal with the lurking criminal.
Does the Safe Have Enough Room?
You must buy a gun safe with enough space if you plan to expand on your gun collection and accessory with time. There is no need to buy a gun safe, install it and then start removing it in search of a bigger one.
Fire rating is not a common consideration but comes into play if you live in any area prone to fires. It might be nice to have a gun safe with a good fire rating just in case there is a fire breakout.
What to Look for When Buying a Gun Safe
In this article, we have chosen for you four of the best gun safe under 2000. Go through it and choose one that best suits your firearm needs. These four are among the best gun safes under 2000. We have chosen them based on the most important qualities you should look for when buying a gun safe.
Our Top Four Best Gun Safe under 2000
The steel water heavy duty gunfire is an excellent option with a budget of less than $2000. It is a high-quality gun safe with a 45 minutes fire rating at 155o degrees F. It is EMP proof and comes with an electronic lock that is double sided to prevent you from locking your keys inside. It is big enough and made of steel that is drill resistant. It is a great pick and one to check out in the market at such an affordable price.
- 45 Minutes Fire Protection Rating - If you live in an area prone to fire, then this gun safe is the best option for you. It can withstand fire for 45 minutes at 1550 degrees F keeping your guns safe and secure.
- EMP Proof Electronic Lock System - The EMP proof electronic lock system is everything you need to access your guns on the go when required. The lock system has a high-security double sided bypass key that practically ensures you never lock the keys inside by mistake.
- Steel Reinforced Bolt Down Holes - The Steelwater heavy duty gun safe is quite strong and durable with reinforced bolt down holes for safe installation and removal. The bolt system is gear driven for extra strength against drilling, punch attacks, and prying.
- Extremely heavy and difficult for one to steal
- Easy to open
- Well made
- Strong and durable
Conclusion: This is probably the best gun safe under 2000 you can get in the market currently. It is made to the highest standards possible and comes with an excellent customer service delivery who responds to all concerns from customers. It is a top quality gun safe and one that remains highly recommended.
This is another high-quality gun safe from steel water at just below 2000 and one you must consider buying. It has a higher fire rating of 60 minutes in temperatures of up 1875 degrees F. This together with the solid steel locking bolts on four sides makes the safe a quality purchase.
- Up to One-Hour Fire Protection - The new steel water is an upgraded safe with an improved fire rating of up to one hour in high temperatures of 1875 degrees F. This is an ideal feature to help protect your gun and any other valuables in the safe.
- Solid Steel Locking Gear Drive System - The gun does not come with the cheap cam drive you find in most gun safes but a solid steel locking system for extra safety. There are 1 1/2 inches bolts on the four sides that hold the door of the safe firmly and safely.
- Steel Reinforced Bolt Down Holes and Top Shelf - The down holes bolts have all been steel reinforced to ensure the safe is completely secure and nobody can gain access without the keys. The top shelf is also steel reinforced just in case you thought someone would easily cut through.
- A high fire rating
- Quite safe and secure
- Great design that adds to your home décor
- Adjustable and removable shelves for additional storage
- A bit pricey but gives good value for money
Conclusion: The Steel water heavy duty 45 long guns safe with fire protection of up to 60 minutes is a good choice when you require extra space in the future. It is a bit pricey, but every penny can be accounted for with the downhole bolts and top shelves been reinforced by steel.
The second amendment gun safe is true to its word in keeping your firearms and other valuables safe. It comes with a two-way locking system where we have 11 live bolts and seven fixed bolts. This can store up to 51 rifles, five ammo pouches, eight gun holsters and still leave some space. It is constructed with a 12GA steel that is safe and fire resistant.
- Two-way Locking System - The Blue Dot gun safe comes with two locking system for enhanced protection of your guns. There are 11 live bolts and seven fixed bolts. The plates on the gun safe are all drill resistant.
- Huge Firearms Capacity - With an interior measuring of 68H by 36.25 by 22 inches, the safe gives a capacity of 52, 230 cubic inch capacity that can hold up to 51 rifles, eight gun holsters, and five ammo pouches.
- Fire Resistant - The safe is made of the 12GA steel that is fire resistant and factor certified to protect your guns at temperatures of 1700 degrees F.
- Quite strong and durable
- Great design
- Huge storage capacity
- Issues with the warranty( usually because people fail to register warranty after buying)
Conclusion: The blue dot safes second amendment gun safe is another great choice when looking for the best safe under 2000. It is a quality safe that gives enormous storage space at a very affordable price. The mechanical lock is smooth and easy to use giving you immediate access to your safe when required.
The heavy duty 22 long is another high-quality gun safe under 2000 by steel water and one to check out if you love steel water products. It is quite strong with reinforced steel all over for added durability. It comes with edges that lack the beveled edges and resists fire up to one hour at temperatures of 1875 degrees F.
Upgraded to (18) 1 ½ inches diameter of solid steel locking bolts for extra security of your guns. This is an improvement from the previous models of steel water gun safes. The safe also lacks the beveled edges like most gun safes around.
- One Hour Fire Protection - The heavy duty 22 long resists fire up to one hour at high temperatures of 1875 degrees F. It is a great pick if you live an area prone to fire incidents.
- ¼ inches of Reinforced Steel - The top shelves and bolt down holes all come with ¼ inches of reinforced steel for added security. You can travel with the assurance that your guns are completely safe.
- The combination lock is nice
- Feels high-quality
- It is a beauty in your bedroom
- Adjustable shelves that are easy to rearrange
- Not so heavy as most people might expect
Conclusion: It is a very nice safe coming at a good price. This one will fulfill all your needs and feel a quality purchase that gives true value for money. Remains highly recommended for those who know what a quality product means.
If in the market for the best gun safe under 2000, then you can choose from the top four above with confidence. These are among the best in the market with high-security features that offer users good value for their money. You can rest be assured that your gun is safe at all times with any of the choices above.