Looking for the best broadhead for hogs during a fast-paced hunt? The right broadhead can certainly make a difference between going home with a catch or coming home empty handed. Fortunately, options for broadheads today are so extensive that you can easily look over dozens in order to find the one that best works for you.
Top 5 Best Broadhead for Hogs - Comparison Table
How to Choose Broadheads
When choosing broadheads, there are several factors to consider starting with the type, the weight, and even the blades used for the product. Your choice depends largely on how you use them. Here are some tips when making that choice:
There are essentially three types today: removable, fixed, as well as mechanical. Fixed types mean that the blades themselves are attached permanently to the broadhead. Removable ones, however, let you discard the blade without throwing away the rest of the parts.
Lastly, you have got the mechanical ones which expand upon impact. Mechanical blades are limited to certain bows. For this reason, you might want to check your bow and make sure you have got the right one to handle a broadhead that requires maximum power.
Many blades today are made with stainless steel while others are combined with other metals for that highly durable. The grain should be at least 100 for large prey. This will help ensure massive wounds for a solid blood trail.
The positioning of the blades is also important. While others follow a basic expanding tip pattern, others have a more modern positioning designed to increase damage upon impact.
Flight and Weight
It is tough to judge a broadhead’s flight and weight through just the features. For the most part, however, the weight should tell you how far this broadhead can go to hit its target. If you are the kind who likes long range shots to increase the thrill, broadheads of around 1.3 ounces should be perfect.
Video Broadhead Test
5 of the Best Broadhead for Hogs Today
Containing 6 pieces in a pack, this 125-grain broadheads measures 8.8 by 5.3 by 0.5 inches and weighs roughly 3.2 ounces. It can be screwed in easily enough and built to penetrate even the toughest hides.
- Sharp as well as durable, the broadhead has been constantly praised for their exceptional flight, providing users with true aim over and over again
- Incredibly easy to use, this screw in broadheads allows for easy switching of ammo use to suit any situation
- The blades are made of stainless steel and beautifully sharpened to ensure extreme penetration each time
- The blades lock in, forming a dependable column of stainless steel that provides extra support
- Product weight makes it possible for long and extensive flights while still maintaining excellent aim
- Penetrating power goes through both flesh and bone
- Solidly made, there are no small parts of the broadhead that can be easily dislodged or removed
- Make sure that you’ve got your hunting arrow tuned before using this broadhead. More often than not, flight issues can be traced to tuning problems
Conclusion: All in all, it’s definitely a good choice if you’re looking for a great brand to start with your bow hunting tools. This 6-pack choice is definitely cheaper than most and comes in a quality that’s tantamount to more expensive pieces.
This pack of 3 broadhead boasts of a bright orange color which makes it very easy to find just in case you’d lose sight of it. Measuring 2 by 2.5 by 2 inches with a weight of roughly 3.2 ounces, this product boasts of several features making it an excellent choice for your hunts. Stainless steel blades measure 0.35 inches with a 2-inch cutting diameter.
- Excellent precision, these broadheads hit straight and true with deadly accuracy
- Sharp as well as light, it can go as far as you would want for those long-range shots
- Features Shock Collar Technology which makes it remarkably tough, preventing the blades from popping off
- The blades are impressively sharp and retain this sharpness for multiple uses
- Pierces through flesh and bone, be assured of the blade’s capacity to absorb shock
- The product also comes with a free target head so that you can practice to perfection
- It is a little more expensive than usual
Conclusion: All in all, it is a fairly good choice. If you do not want to lose your prey after a hit, this is the broadhead for you. The depth of the blades ensures fatality so that your prey will not be able to run far.
This razor tip broadhead features 3 blades at 100 grain. Measuring 11.8 by 6.3 by 0.8 inches, the product weighs roughly 1.8 inches.
- Product comes with practice broadheads, allowing you to hone your accuracy before actually going hunting
- Creating deep and sure wounds upon impact, the broadhead promotes easy to follow blood trails, ensuring that you will never miss a prize catch
- Wonderfully light, they can easily shoot past several yards without losing accuracy
- Blades are sharp as well as steady with zero chances of the parts snapping or being torn away from the main stem.
- The color is a little tough to spot, just in case you miss in the wild
- The blades may be sharpened if you want to maintain depth and accuracy of the wounds. For the most part, however, the blades do not need sharpening
- While the broadheads themselves are beautifully built, some of the practice tips are not as well made
- Product is not always available – you will need to time your purchase properly in order to get them
Conclusion: Matched with excellent accuracy, these tips should be able to help you catch even the toughest prey during a hunt. Even just the name is formidable as the Grim Reaper speaks of a successful hunt each time.
This pack contains 3 broadheads, each one with a 100-grain expandable 2-blade. The thickness of the blade is at 0.32 inches made with stainless steel as well as amazing sharpness for deadly accuracy. Product measures 2 by 0.5 by 0.2 inches and weighs 1.6 ounces.
- Featuring anodized aircraft aluminum, you can be sure that these broadheads will pierce through skin and bone for a solid blood trail
- The steel point is hardened high carbon requiring little maintenance when it comes to sharpening
- The light weight of the product allows for massive distances without losing accuracy thanks to the minimum wind resistance
- Product comes with a DVD to help you really understand the features of the broadhead and what they can do for you
- The design as well as placement of the blades ensure maximum damage to the target. This should limit their running capacity and allow you to keep the animal within viewing distance instead of having to track it down
- The two blade positioning may not always provide a steady blood trail for you to follow, especially if the hit is a little off
- Unfortunately, the product does not come with practice broadheads to help you get started
Conclusion: All in all, it is definitely the kind of broadhead you would want in your arsenal for those exhaustive hunts.
This 3-pack selection offers you several grain choices, depending on your personal preferences. They are the kind of broadheads people image when first considering what to buy. The classical design definitely remains true when it comes to accuracy as well as deadliness.
- This cut on contact design helps pierce through hair, bone, as well as tissue with a tip that impressively paves the way for easy access to the internal organs
- Diamond-like sharpness is doubly durable, ensuring that it will not snap on contact even when encountering bone
- Digs deep with maximum blood loss, you can easily follow the blood trail with this broadhead
- Spin tested, the item has a 1 inch t/8 inch cutting diameter
- It is a one piece construction so you do not have to worry about certain parts coming off
- Durable, no worries about bent portions of the blade after use
- Construction shows this small hole in the arrow that creates a whistling noise upon release. This can be problematic during hunts.
Conclusion: With this broadhead, you can choose among 85, 100, as well as 125 grains. They can be easily sharpened just in case you have been using them for a long time. For the most part, however, the broadheads need very little maintenance and their classic appeal makes them ideal for old-school hunters.
Our Personal Best
It is not surprising why the Grim Reaper goes out of stock so quickly as it has earned an excellent reputation among hunters. Out of the 5, it has got to be the best in the market today based on a combination of features such as lightness, sharpness of the blade, as well as the rightness of the flight.
One of its most impressive features, however, is the depth and extent of the damage so that there is very little need to do some tracking once you have managed to hit your target. The blood trail released from a Grim Reaper hit ensures you will never lose a price catch ever again.